Developing property to generate profit is a complex act involving many factors. Increasingly, car parking is a major factor in urban and suburban property development decision-making. From aesthetic impact and a minimum number of spaces to land usage and sustainability mandates, car parking challenges can turn a potentially profitable development into an abandoned project. Developers looking for solutions to car parking challenges should consider automated parking systems (APS). Here's ten reasons why…
- APS significantly reduce the land area needed to park cars…allowing for more profitable land use.
- APS enable car parking in otherwise unusable space…making development projects more profitable or sometimes even making them possible.
- Flexible designs, substantially smaller volumes and other inherent features have the potential to shift capital cost and project profitability for the better.
- APS reduce costs by require no or minimal lighting, ventilation, clean up, operating staff, security patrols, etc.
- When it comes to sustainable car parking, APS have many advantages such as maximizing green space and solar access while minimizing emissions and carbon footprint and storm water runoff.
- APS are inherently more safe for drivers and passengers and more secure for parked cars and their contents.
- Inherent safety and security reduces the potential for property damage, theft, personal injury or death…key factors of insurance costs.
- In many countries, the basic design of APS may offer tax advantages for accelerated depreciation.
- Much smaller and highly pre-fabricated, APS are typically faster and easier to construct than conventional concrete car parking facilities.
- Other potential advantages include: reduced visual impact due to smaller volume, customizable architectural finishes, the convenience of valet parking and more…
Automated parking systems from Skyline Parking provide property developers a broad array of benefits and new opportunities for car parking. Maximum profitability benefits are realized by incorporating APS into the preliminary concept stage of a property development project. Contact your Skyline Parking representative to discuss the potential benefits of an APS for your development project.